Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata videos, Part A

 Epified: Mahabharata videos, Part A


Title:  The Mahabharata: Karmic Revolution
Author:  Epified TV (India)



I love this style of video. I enjoy seeing the picture being developed as the story is being told.

It was great seeing King Shantanu meeting the Goddess Ganga and how she was drawn in the river.

It is interesting to hear another's idea about what this epic implies. Such as karma.

My favorite part is having a visual of what these characters may look like. I did not realize I was Americanizing the characters in look and clothing. It makes sense that I would but still interesting.

I also think it really adds depth to the story to hear the men and women speaking in the video with their Indian accents.

I like how these videos are highlighting parts of the epic. It makes it seem like small individual stories versus one long story.

I really enjoyed seeing an animation of Brishma, and how he came to receive the boon that allowed him to choose his own death.

One difficult part I did not expect from watching the video is understanding the narrator saying the character's names. I knew it was not likely that I was pronouncing the names in my head, while I read the epic, correctly. Now when hearing the names of the characters I realize it is hard to keep up with what name the narrator is saying. I have to rewind and others times just figure it out based on the story. Some of the names I was not saying correctly. Other names the narrator says very very quickly and that makes it hard to understand.

The Blind Bride was a great story to end Part A on. 

Comments

Popular Posts