Topic Brainstorm

Project Ideas:

Food- I am a believer in all things food! I love how depending on where you are in the world, the food is unique to that region and culture. Food is used to express so much, and important aspects of holidays and traditions. Because of this, I feel that food would be a wonderful project topic. I read one of the food stories that were an option to get ideas, and as I read I thought I was reading a true account of a visit to India. I soon realized it was only a story, but it helped me realize how I can bring food into a story. That story was "Ayodhya- Food and Culture". I was a little unsure of food being a topic originally, but that story allowed me to see the possibilities.

Kamadeva- The God of Love-  I am always interested in love as well. I have been fascinated by what love means, how it may be torn apart and broken down, or how it could mature and grow. I feel that often people have a misunderstanding of what love is in a marriage, or partnership. The complication of it. Therefore, I feel that Kamadeva will provide many opportunities for a story, as well as Kama, the emotions and desires associated with love.

Rama and Sita- To continue on the course of relationships, and to also get to know more stories of the  Ramayana, I think that Rama and Sita as a couple would give me some good ideas for my project. I have not yet read the Ramayana, but I have browsed enough to know that Rama fought fiercely for his wife, Sita. But once he had re-captured her and brought her home he was conflicted with doubts. I think the turmoil they experienced can be interpreted many ways, and applied to couples of today, also. I enjoyed reading the students story "Not So Happily Ever After..." and was able to see the diversity of telling their story.

Sita- I like the idea of telling a story if Sita without Rama. Who was she as a woman, a person? It seems she is mentioned many times in the Ramayana, but frequently conjecture with Rama. I would like to explore Sita without an association with a man. Wikipedia mentions that "she is esteemed as the paragon of spousal and feminine virtues for all women". Yet, again, it mentions a spouse in association. Many of the previous students stories seem very interesting as well, in exploring Sita. I am not sure how I will choose, but I think that her character is worthy a story all it's own.

Comments

Popular Posts