Story Lab Week 12




Brain Damage- Nina Paley

I like that she is speaking about Sita Sings the Blues since I watched it.

Hm... I know she is jus getting started and laying the ground work to what she really wants to talk about, but we are getting 7minutes in...and I may be a little lost(Look at lady in (6:23). Perhaps, it is because I do not know much about copyright and what all artist go through for their art to be distributive or kept hidden. Which it seems is what copyright does?

Permission Culture- I like this phrase! I am a firm believe in it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission! haha

I wonder if her ideas about copyright are radical? As in only a few people may agree?

OK, so she either changed her mind on the opening of Sita Sings the Blues, or we watch the copyrighted version this semester haha







A New Theory of Human Intelligence by: Scott Barry Kaufman

MY FAVORITE OF THE 2 VIDEOS

I love that this is focusing on a "disruptive" child. A child that can also bed described as how we would want our own children to be described.

That some challenges can be strengths in different context or environment

I really liked when he was telling his own story, about his capability exceeding the capacity that past educators had given him (8:14)

"At what point does my achievement trump my potential"- well said

"The secretary was eating a bologna sandwich" I LOVE THIS- isn't it funny what you remember...those little nuances of a memory...I think of that, and it makes me think of what part I play in someone else's memory. Would I be proud of the part that I played? When they have a random snippet of memory, and for some reason I am in it... I want to be a positive, not a negative. I also really enjoy bologna sandwiches, so this tickled me.

I love his "foot in the door technique" Seriously, this guy was operating with way more brain power than a lot of institutions were willing to give him credit for.

I CLAPPED TOO!!! He is a ROCK STAR. I love these success stories! Graduated with 4.0, accepted into Yale Ph.D program. What a great story. what a great life.

Comments

Popular Posts