Thoughts on Assignments

I am most interested in the readings. I have no idea what to expect concerning Indian Epics, but I am so eager to learn. When I browsed through the storybooks and chose my three favorites, I believe they were all from the folklore story students. So, I am hoping to be introduced to a new (well, new to me anyway) story structure, as well as the stories themselves. I love how one can get lost in a story. When some people become stressed out they may eat, sleep, or even drink. When I am overwhelmed or stressed out, I love to read. It gives me a reprieve from my own real-life story.


I may be slightly concerned about the storytelling. To me, reading and writing are vastly different. I am a great reader, I love to read, and I am a fast reader. Writing is a whole other situation...ball field ect. I just don't think I will be very good at writing. I know what I love about how a writer writes. The flow of the story, the way they choose to tell it, the words they choose. I love looking words up, their definition, and pronunciation. Sometimes I wonder where they found the words they used, because I have not read or heard them before.  It's hard for me to explain, but essentially I am speaking about the writers writing style. How am I...a reader...going to just jump into the "writing" boat? I am concerned about this. I do not think I will produce materiel that engages the reader in a way...that urges them to continue to read.

I am appreciative of the opportunity to have extra credit work. I like how it is already presented to us, and we do not need to ask (or grovel :) for it. Thank you for this nugget!


Comments

Popular Posts