Week 8 Reading and Writing

LOOKING BACK




I chose this photo because it is appropriate for how I feel about storytelling. This photo seems chaotic and overwhelming. There is a lot going on and your not quite sure where to look first. This is how I feel about my storytelling :) 

The reading and writing stories are going OK for me. I find that writing a story is actually the hardest part, and that is because it is being read by so many people. It puts me in a vulnerable place, to present work of mine that I don't feel confident in. I don't feel confident in this work because I don't feel I am very good at it. It makes me feel a little discouraged from the beginning. Writing has always been a struggle for me. Am I using punctuation correctly?( I am not. I am an over-user of commas! haha). Is the story interesting for the reader? (Probably not. Most times I am so fed up with the writing process towards the end of the story I tend to just cut off the story. The story of Rama and Pumert is an example of this.)
HOWEVER
I am learning. I may not become a more creative writer through this process but I am learning how to write better.
I feel this makes up for all the struggle I am experiencing in writing. At least I am learning!!!

I also really love the professor in this class. I am not brown-nosing either! haha. The comments she gives are genuine, helpful, and encouraging. If this class were taught by someone who did not put the amount of attention that she does, it would not be an enjoyable class at all. I am not quite sure how she is able to give me that level of attention and presumably everyone else, also!

My biggest accomplishment so far is simple. It would be my attempts. This is a big accomplishment because I truly am attempting, at least in the beginning of each story, to write a good story. I am proud of these attempts. I am not giving up.


LOOKING FORWARD

What I am looking forward to. THIS WEEK. Whew! It is nice to have a break. This is a lot of reading, and then writing. So much so that is is hard to slow down and process what I am doing. It would be nice for this course not to be so heavy in content, so that I may have the opportunity to slow down and actually enjoy what I am doing, and not just rush through at times. This would be such a fun class, if it were my only class. It is not hard, just a lot. I would like to end by noting that I am enjoying it!





Comments

Popular Posts