Storybook Favorites


                                                   The Bookworm, 1850, by Carl Spitzweg
     


I have chosen three storybooks which, so far, have proven to by my favorite.

1. The Brothers Fite - Read Now

I have not read, nor heard of this story before. It was one of the first stories that were available, and so I opened it to get an idea about what these storybooks were going to be like. I enjoyed the reading of the story, and the style of writing. After reading the story, I had to wonder why they chose that picture for their background. It seemed a little modern for their ancient story, but it still reflects children, possible siblings, and so I see that link. I enjoy a good story, that is both interesting and moral guiding, and this story was both. It is about brothers, and their loyalty to one another, as well as their personal growth, and it recognizes their growth as brothers, as a unity. As the story continues, as well as onto other pages, the blog author also added pictures to follow the theme of the story, which is an idea that I like.


2.  The insider to the royals - Read Now

I have heard of the stories with the story, The Insider to the royals. It speaks about Cinderella, Belle (from Beauty and Beast), and Snow White. I found it immensely interesting how it uses a real-life portrayal of the way gossip material is distributed and devoured.  The way this blog author created a modern-day environment of the rich, famous, or royal, but for these beloved story characters, I thought was quite ingenious, while also wicked in a way. After reading the stories I found myself thinking about my own consumption of celebrity gossip. It felt wrong, after picturing doing those actions to the heroine of our childhood stories. That is not how we treat the courageous and brave women in the stories we grew up reading, yet that is how we very easily treat famous people today. Very interesting!! I say, Bravo for thinking of this way to create a new outlook.

3. Asuras Anonymous - Read Now

This stories cover-page had a great quote that lead into what this story was going to be about. I am always fascinated by the good and evil in all of us.Particularly how individuals try to hide the more "evil", or in all probability the "not so nice" thoughts and how, sometimes, people want to ignore their more undesirable traits. Yet this story is about these completely undesirable characters really facing, head on, their most awful aspects of themselves. In some ways, that puts them above the rest. I really like the underlying story, to this story. I also really enjoy the position that this story takes on villains. It is a new thought process to see them as victims of their evil ways, and not the causes. I am not too informed on the story's characters, as I have not read about them before.
I also really liked the pictures that accompanied the stories. It gave me a nice visual to accentuate the story.

Comments

Popular Posts