Growth Mindset


I had not heard about Carol Dweck previous to this assignment. I am interested in learning more about growth mindset. I am also interested to see the research that has taken place. I think it growth mindset can be one more way to explain ways that people learn, what they expect from learning, and how we perceive others perceiving us. She made some interesting points. One such point was how we validate and praise children, and how we should praise their process of learning, and not only the completion of that learning. I feel that I may vary in how I learn, and the attitude of my growth mindset. In a classroom I am more likely to react as a fixed growth individual. I am focused on the "A", and my next test grade. We have to be. We cannot continue our educations if we did not. However, when I am in practicum (internship) learning setting, I feel I am more of a growth mindset that explores any mistakes I have made in order to, hopefully, not continue to make those same mistakes. But also, to learn from any errors I may have had, and not to get an A, but to become a better person.
In reviewing the Challenges, I really enjoyed reading the quotes from previous students, and their interpretations of growth mindset.



Comments

Popular Posts